So perhaps you may have seen a picture of two people holding scooped out pineapples filled with rice and meat floating around on the internet. I was inspired by the image and wanted to recreate my own version. Here goes:
What I used:
- 1 lb of large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon of The Gourmet Collection’s Smoked Paprika, garlic chili, and chives spice blend
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 bag of Jasmine rice
4. I poured the canola oil in a large non-stick frying pan and added the shrimp. I sauteed the shrimp for 5-10 minutes, making sure the shrimp was cooked thoroughly but also making sure that I was drying the shrimp out.
5. In the meantime, I made the Jasmine rice. You can use whatever rice you’d like. Just follow the instructions listed on the packaging.
8. Once the pineapples were all scooped out I added the shrimp and rice. (Side note: the shrimp drained as it was being sauteed so I drizzled that juice on the rice.)
This recipe was easy and didn’t take long at all. Perfect for summer cook-outs and you can switch it up. Maybe try steak next time! It’s up to you.
If you try this let me know how it goes!